PRINT at the University of Derby: Keith Haring does Botanicals (Summer Project 2019)

During the summer holidays, my task was to draw botanical items in my sketchbook, in the style of Keith Haring. This was all set from my course in Textile Design at the University of Derby. Keith Haring's work, to me, has so much character, humour, charisma and bold and exciting colours - despite it being based on society and political events. His work enabled me to think about my love for vivid colours and bringing personality within my work. 

Because my artist style is usually vibrant, flamboyant and quirky, I used Keith's artist style as well as some of Africa's vibrant wax print deigns as inspiration to translate my colourful summer drawings into crazy, striking and eye-popping repeat designs. This was a way of pushing my style to a whole new level. Africa, which is my culture, has that same element that Keith has in his work - it's full of life.

The software I used to produce these repeat designs were PhotoShop and Illustrator.
These 6 designs can be developed into interiors for cushions, lampshades, chairs, bedding, curtains, etc.












These three Design Visuals for Interiors (the images below), were all originally sourced from the internet. They were all created on Illustrator.









Comments